Any one have a dashaund that is cruel?

My dog Angel is the sweetest and most protective of the family esp me..but everytime my cat has kittens she kills them or trys to. She is a very jelous dog esp of me. Im jus wondering why she may be doin that and if anyone has had problems with their dogs doing this and what can be done? I had the kitten out the other day and my 2 year old let the dog out and she was litterally shaking and licking her lips the whole time i was holding a small magazine to pop her with!

strugln4evr

Asked by strugln4evr at 1:31 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Pets

• First off, how about spaying your cat, that would solve the kitten killing issue.....
    Second, Dachshunds actually have a pretty high prey drive as they were used to hunt badger! Obviously your dog cannot distinguish between prey and the fact that these kittens are not to be hunted in your home. If she is left unsupervised and has killed kittens before, that has only reinforced the behavior for her, so it is no surprise now that you have ANOTHER litter of kittens that she wants to get them as well.
    Anonymous

• The first response is absolutely true.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• My daughter had minature female dashaund that would dig 24-7.
    Applemint

Answer by Applemint at 1:58 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I agree with the above posts why have kittens when you know your dog is like this... Plus its a small dog this when growing up we had minpins and they hated anything smaller then them. They got my hamsters and got our kittens too.
    Ms.MarineWife

Answer by Ms.MarineWife at 2:39 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• my brother's daschund was terrible, he about bit my mother's finger off and terrorized the neighborhood kids biting 4 or more of them, with more than one bite at a time. the dog would just bite and keep coming for more bites and my brother never did anything about it. i think he was sued over it and never told us because of embarrassment. anyway, he babied the dog and gave the dog total control of his house yard and life, the dog knew he had control and just went wild.
    time to take control of the dog, the dog needs to know you are the pack leader and the dog must be submissive. the dog needs discipline, excercise and social order.
    Anonymous

• get your cat spayed..no kitten should have to die because the dog doesnt know not to kill
    pisces_chick89

Answer by pisces_chick89 at 8:10 PM on Apr. 22, 2009