anyone from????

anyone from or near the newport news va area??? im new here (in va) and was wondering if anyone has suggestions on things to do as a family in or around the newport news area? my dd is 23 months old, so it has to be fun and easy for her to handle. so any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Entertainment

• Ha, I just moved from there in January!!! We are back in NC. Newport New park is fun, they have a few different parks. Also, in the early evening you can watch the deer, they feed them at the discovery center(I think that's what it's called). If you are military, you get into Busch Gardens or WaterCountry for free once. I'd suggest WaterCountry. Just watch your daughter, mine fell and broke her arm there. Williamsburg is beautiful. I know people that like to go to Jamestown beach, but there are jellyfish there, so we never went.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 11:13 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• we just recently went to williamsburg it is beautiful i love stuff like that, and yorktown, and va beach, but thats all we have done so far so ya know, but the water place sounds pretty cool, my hubby and dd would love it! thanks and the newport news park were on ft. eustis so were like right next to that so ya know thanks again
    Anonymous

• We lived on post, too. Hated it. I hope you have a better experience. They should have pamphlets at the ACS building of different places, no necessarily in town. There is a lot to do around the state, state parks and such. I know a lot of people go to VA beach and the outer banks. We just didn't. But we love the area, so what you can to explore, there really is a lot to offer.sunglasses mini

Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 10:08 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• yeah we took her to the beach but were not into that whole go where everyone else is, the whole tourist scene, im more back woods kinda country person ya know?
    Anonymous