i need help...i am 6 1/2 months pregnant with my 3rd and my youngest is just 9 months old, she doesnt sleep through the night and i dont know what to do because their is no way i can be waking up come september with 2 babies. my oldest didnt sleep through the night until she was 1 year,another thing is sleeps with me, and hates her crib if she gets put in their she screams and if i put her in their when she is sleeping she wakes right up or within an hour.. i really don't like the whole cry it o

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your question got cut off, and I know you don't want to hear it, but you are going to have to let her cry it out at some point. I would move her to her crib, in another room and invest in earplugs. You'll still hear her when she needs you, but not when she is able to get back to sleep quickly by herself. Usually most babies will get back to sleep on their own. I think it's the only way to do it. And even if she doesn't, you will be able to handle it. Trust me. They say we're the stronger sex for a reason!

Answer by NomadSara at 5:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My daughter went through a phase that she did not like her crib either. But when she was in bed with my husband and I she slept fine so I thought maybe it was because of the physical contact. So I rolled up two of her blankets and put one on either side of her near her waist. She slept all night long with no problem! And we have been doing it for the past few nights with complete sucess! Maybe your little one just wants to feel someone (something) next to them. Good luck.

Answer by ZOSO at 6:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Check out the Empathic Parenting site and read their article about closely spaced children. ... and other advice they have on there. As a mother of three, involved in schools and parent groups for over thirty years, that is my strong recommendation. Empathic Parenting. Check it out.

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:12 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Oh I completely understand where you are coming from!! Our middle child was 6 months old when I gave birth to our youngest and I had just gotten her to start sleeping through the night. Of course, having the new baby in the house threw her off again so I did have to go back to crying it out again and after about 1 week she was sleeping through the night again. Try having a night light, soft music or other white noise (we use a fan) in the room for her.

Answer by mommytoadam at 7:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• oh i am the same way... i was 6 months prego when my son was 9 months and we had to put him in his crib... i started him out in our bed... then moved him to his crib... but he sleeped throw the night ( before we made the move ) after a few months of that I start to rock him in the rocking chair asleep when when he was almost asleep.... i would put him in his crib and stand over him tell he closed his eyes... ( to let him know i was there ) it took some work.. but after awhile you are good to go... know hes 18 months and he knows its sleep time when i put him in his crib...

Answer by laura_mae99 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2008