For my Christian friends . . .

Why do we feel the need to fight amongst ourselves?

Why do we feel the need to point fingers in accusation at each other, because of differences in doctrine or worship practices?

Why do we tell each other that if we believe something, we're not Christian enough, or if we don't believe something, we're not Christian enough.

When did it become about what book we read, music we chose, or church we attend (or chose to not attend)?

When did it become about our witnessing practices or the ways we chose to tithe?

When did it stop being just about Christ and His love and mercy and grace?

We all love Him.
Why can't we love each other?

jennijune_21

Asked by jennijune_21 at 1:48 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• When their was sin put in this earth it stopped being just about Christ and his love and mercy and grace. There are always going to be people who fight and argue, people who believe one way and people who believe another. You have to make yourself be strong in the Christ and let him guide you the way he wants you to be. He who judges will be judged. There shouldn't be any judging. Just b/c you don't agree with what church someone goes to or what belief they have then oh well, let it be. Don't argue over religion. You can discuss it if you want but don't argue. The bible and God is nothing to argue over. Let God come in to your life and live by Gods word but nothing will ever be perfect anymore - there will always be sin!
    momwifelove

Answer by momwifelove at 1:58 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I appreciate where this is coming from. Thank you for the post.

To answer your question~ the devil wants us to divide and God wants us to Unite.It is really up to you to make the decision if you are Christian enough.

I used to think I was Christian enough just by believing. It is when I became passionate about God.That I had found out that my beliefs were far from the truth.

I wasn't living as a Christian lives: I had my own opinions about things and that was all that had mattered.When I had let my passion for God and his teachings lead me in my life. I learned what is expected of me both in my actions and in my thoughts.

Now I know that God's opinion is the only opinion that matters. Praise the LORD!

mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 2:17 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I agree with you. But as Christians, isn't it our job to let our fellow Christians know when they're slipping?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Because, it all comes down to the enemy. He is running so rampant in this world, and has become pretty powerful (not as powerful as God, of course,but he is still there),and he is going to do anything and everything,and use anyone to deceive believers,and unbelievers alike. He knows once we are saved, and give our heart to Jesus, he can no long have our souls, so he tries to steal the next best thing, our testimony. He knows at the end of the Bible, he LOSES and WE WIN! He can't change that, but he wants to take as many down with him as he can, so he will pervert, twist,and contort the word of God anyway he can. He thinks he can divide and conquer. Get us fighting amongst ourselves, why would anyone want to be part of that? I can see where a non-believer wouldn't,if that's all we do. But, we as believers have to realize, it's the enemy,and speak the word of God against Him! WE have the power, it's in the word,and cont....
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 4:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• as long as we believe it,and use it, the enemy and his demons cannot attack us. But, we have to stop the infighting, unite against him,and show the solidarity that Christians are supposed to have. Only then,when others see what we have, will they want it,as well. Until then, we aren't going to be able to ever spread God's message. It gets lost and bogged down in all the other stuff.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 4:17 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• great post! i agree 100%

Renee, we are suppose to make sure our fellow Christians arent falling behind or sinning. i believe the word used is edify. but that is for ppl one actually KNOWS. its so difficult to truly know someone's heart when we see them everyday, but over the internet? thats impossible. and even when we do know someone we arent suppose to call eachother names or be accusatory.

IMO a lot of the things listed by OP are personal things, not Biblical do or dies, so to speak.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:18 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• It is because many do not understand the power of Grace and His Love. His disciples got along with each other and with Jesus because He loved and loved and loved. He also knew how to point out things without tearing the person apart. I am not comfortable saying this is all satan's doing. We have a choice when to speak, how to speak and what to say.
    I belong to a church that speak words of life and does not tear each other apart. It is something I am learning and growing in because most churches I have been in would bad mouth and tear apart and hide behind the Im not judging card.
    We love each other to life and tell each other how precious we are and we are family. We learn how to graciously confront another sister or brother in something they may not do right. It is precious in how people interact including the pastor who loves his flock and speaks life into them!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:27 PM on Apr. 22, 2009