TO THE PERSON WITH THE GREAT DANES

I wrote out my answer and by the time I posted the response you deleted your question.
DON'T LET RUDE PEOPLE MAKE YOU DELETE YOUR QUESTION.
Here is the answer now. Around 6 months they will be mature enough too, however it is not recomended until the dog is around 2 years old and can have tests done to make sure they are in good health all around (hips, eyes, heart, lungs that kind of thing).
I would google dog breeding and breeding great danes and educate yourself on it before you do it :)
Make sure you are ready to devote 6-12 weeks to taking care of puppies, and you are ready to devote yourself to making sure the puppies find good loving homes!!

NOW I hate when people tell others to get their pets spayed and neutured. It is rude. It is not your pet, you didn't pay for it, you didn't take care of it, train it, love it, and take it to the vet. So don't worry about what others are doing with their pets. Gosh

amy31308

Asked by amy31308 at 1:55 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Pets

• it does become other people's problem when those irresponsibly breed dogs or cats end up in shelters, wandering the streets loose or dropped off at my farm.
    Anonymous

• I THINK YOUR RIGHT PEOPLE ARE SO RUDE!!! IF PEOPLE WANT TO SAY GO GET YOUR DOG FIXED THEY NEED TO GET FIXED FIRST AND SHUT UP!!! A LOT PLAN TOO! THEY DONT NEED BIG MOUTHS TELLING THEM LIKE THEY ARE BABIES!!!
    Anonymous

• In a way it becomes other people's problem, BUT that's when the dog gets bred by a irresponsible person. When involving responsible owners with purebred dogs I do not see a problem. With each of our dogs we raised a litter of puppies and then had the dogs fixed. We didn't ditch them in an alley, we did background checks and home visits on all the adopting families and several of our boxers lines are still in the AKC kennel club shows.

Before immediately bashing someone and telling them to get their dogs fixed GET THE WHOLE STORY!!! Sometimes when you buy a purebred from a professional breeder one of the stipulations is allowing the dog to be bred one time. There are a lot of dogs in shelters but how bout we see what we can do for them instead of bashing everyone else? Explain how jumping down this person's throat helped ANY dogs in shelters?
    Anonymous

• most of the dogs i see in shelters are mutts. i never saw a standard poodle there. so i bought one. i think if you have healthy dogs and want to breed that is your choice. i got bashed on my question about my boxer. people don't know me and assume i don't know the breed although i have another boxer. anyway i think it's people who don't spay and neuter their mutts and then you have lots of mutts no one finds cute after they grow up. i donate to the aspca to help animals have a fair chance in life and have bought from shelter but some breeds i prefer and sometimes they are just not at shelters.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2009