Do I have the right to be very angry and end a friendship over this?!

So I went away on vacation with hubby and DD. Lovely time, went to the Dominican for two weeks. So I asked my friend, we've known each other for about 5 years now to house sit, take in mail, water plants.. so I come back the house is a bit messy, you can tell she spent a few nights on the couch but I didn't mind. A few days later I'm out for lunch with another friend and she tells me this friend that house sitted for me had SEX IN EVERY ROOM IN MY HOUSE, INCLUDING MY DD'S ROOM! I was furious, so I called her up and she admited to it all, saying she was bragging to the lunch friend about the wild sex nights she had. So I was like we're no longer friends, if you can't RESPECT me or my house then we're not to talk anymore. She just said okay and hung up!
I'm being anon because she's on this site as well and I don't need more drama.
Do I have the right to end the friendship? Or be angry for that matter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• You have every right to be mad. I think that is very disrespectful to you and your family. That is not a friend. That is especially disgusting to do that in your daughters room.. I would feel like I had to clean the whole house. I agree with the other post also about who was the person she was with? You never know what can happen these days. Definatly cut ties with her because she wasn't a true friend to begin with. I used to house sit and dog sit and I would never ever do something like that.
    ktlyn79s

Answer by ktlyn79s at 2:36 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I would be pissed she did it in my kids room, if you can't respect my kid don't be in my life!
    Anonymous

• i would be repulsed that she did it in your daughters room and anywhere else for that matter i would totally be pissed! that is just something you do at your house not someone elses! makes you want to wash EVERYTHING in your house.....THAT IS F'N NASTY AND TRASHY!
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 2:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I would do the same thing.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• End the friendship... not have sex at my friends house.

Just to clarify
    Crystal1124

• i would be pissed that is so disrespectful
    jac1908

Answer by jac1908 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Yeah I probably would have done the same thing. Why couldn't she have had sex in her own house?
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 2:03 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• i would end it totally. she isnt a good friend if she did something like that.
    mcoche08

Answer by mcoche08 at 2:07 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• You aren't ending anything. It was not there to begin with. You only believed that she was your friend. This is not the way friends treat each other and their property. So don't think of it as ending a friendship. Think of it as having learned the truth.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:08 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Do you even know WHO she was boiking all over the house?? Some heroine addict, perhaps, taking inventory of the layout & what they could sell for drug $$?

Great friend ya got there ------ sever contact & change the locks.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 22, 2009