Who all has been on antidepressants?

I know, it's kind of a nosey question. But, I just got pu ton them and feel bad about it. I feel like I should be able to deal with my life, my autisitic son, my schooling, my husband, and well...everything with out help. I just want to know who all have been on them. Feel free to post anon if you wish. I am because I don't want everyone to know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Health

• I have and have been but on different ones at the same time too, and I felt bad about it and plus everybody had an opinion about it.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I don't think you should feel bad about it. You're doing the right thing by trying in the first place.
    Your family needs you functioning! If anti-depressants help you function, that's all that matters.
    Anonymous

• yes and im on them right now!!!! without prozac im a suicidal mess
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:20 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Thanks mamas! I'm starting to feel a little better =)
    Anonymous

• If it aint anti depressions it some other type of medication so just go with it.
    It seems like everyone is on some type of drug these days.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:57 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• DON'T FEEL BAD ABOUT IT I HAVE HAD P.P.D. SINCE I HAD MY FIRST SON IN 2006 AND EVER SINCE THEN IVE WENT FROM ZOLOFT TO CYMBALTA TO FINALLY A TREATMENT WHICH IS JUST PAXIL AND CLONOPIN . LOL THEY FINALLY GOT IT RIGHT FOR ME AFTER I HAD MY DAUGHTER. SO DON'T FEEL BAD. I KNOW A LOT OF MOMS WHO ARE ON ANTI-DEPRESSANTS. GOOD LUCK SWEETY IT WILL GET BETTER IT JUST TAKES TIME!!!
    RobertsMommy805

Answer by RobertsMommy805 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I have dealt with clinical depression for many years and have been placed on several types of anti-depressants, anti-anxiety meds, meds for my bi-polar, and other meds for God knows what. They've been given, increased, changed, and what-not. Some work, others don't.

Don't ever feel like a failure because the best thing you can do for your family is to take care of yourself. You need to be in tune with your physical and mental health. Begin a regimen of exercise, self-meditation, and writing in a diary. Keep track of how you feel and what your thoughts are while you are on your medication. If things seem to "tilt" then you need to have it changed or readjusted.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:41 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Do NOT feel bad about it. I have been on Zoloft for depression and I am on Xanax for anxiety and don't feel bad at all. Sometimes there is so much going on in our lives that we get overwhelmed and need help. You need to take care of yourself or you won't be able to care for your family.The first thing you need to do is go to your doctor and get evaluated and go from there. It takes a combination of medicine,counseling and help from your family. It doesn't happen overnight, it may take a trial and error period to find the meds that work for you.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:25 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• You most certainly should not feel bad for taking care of yourself. I know it seems like we should all be super women and take care of everyone in the world but that's just not how it truly is. It's a shame that we have to keep things like this quiet out of fear. I've been on them, and most other psych. meds, for 10 years, was hospitalized for major depression year before last. The reaction from hubby's side of the family was really horrible, I still don't talk to his mother because no matter what we're talking about it always ends being about how mental illness is so overdiagnosed! She's lucky I don't slap her!
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 23, 2009