wrong yogurt?

crap! I grabbed the wrong yogurt the other day but it's too late to exchange since it's open and i dont have a car right now anyways. i accidentally grabbed fat free plain yogurt, i meant to grab reg. plain yogurt. is the fat free one ok for now? my son is 1

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 2:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sure. It still provides nutrients. The fat can be picked up elsewere in the diet. No worries. Just want to make sure your sone has a well balanced diet. One item here or there is not going to hurt him.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't worry about it. I gave my son fat free yogurt along the way for the same reason. They get plenty of fat from their milk.
    Anonymous

• i give my little one fat free all the time.. at our walmart it has the best flavors unlike the others.. hez 17m and no worries here..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• My NP told me that it's bad to give them fat free, but I did it before she told me that. I think if you make a habit of it, then it's bad.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 3:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• ones do need more fat, but one carton of fat free will not hurt! my dr. did tell me at 2 that I should switch to fat free dairy.
    AJmamma

Answer by AJmamma at 3:55 PM on Apr. 22, 2009