Is it wrong for me to not want to spend any time away from my baby?

I just don't like leaving her. it makes me sick being away from her.

Becca8228

Asked by Becca8228 at 2:22 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no why would it be wrong?
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:22 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• That's pretty normal.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:22 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• No. My friends always want me to come to dinner with them and have a girls night with them and let my DH watch the baby, but I don't want to. The longest I've ever been away from my DD is 3 hours and that was for work (I work part-time out of my house).
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 2:23 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• IT'S TOTALLY NORMAL I CAN'T STAND BEING AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER AND SHE'S 2 1/2! IF SHE'S GONE FOR JUST 2 HOURS I MISS HER AND FEEL LONELY WITH OUT HER!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 2:25 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• nope im the same way i have left him 2 times in 3 weeks but its only for about an hour or 2 and it was for work related things
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 2:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I would say yes and no. You should want to be with your baby. It shows that you are a loving mother. But for your sanity you really should take at least 30 minutes a day to yourself.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 2:27 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• It's normal, but it's good for you to get out for awhile! Everyone needs a break, even the baby!
    Anonymous

• It's a good thing. So long as she grows and you are able to separate at appropriate times. The goal is to raise an independent adult. Being with her all the time now creates a security and bond that can't be described. As she grows she will know that you will always be there and with that she will never be afraid to be away from you, because you've shown her you will always be there when she comes back. Well, that's been my experience....they're now 29 & 26.....and this is what they tell me.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:28 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I would say its normal. When my son was an infant, I had no choice but to work and it broke my heart every morning I said good bye to him. But from his first brithday until the present I've been a stay at home mom. I love being home, and even tho as he gets older I have days where I feel like taking myself out to dinner and leaving dh and ds to fend for themselves, I don't have the heart to. Over the holidays, I took a part time job, and there was a few days where I had to leave the house the same time my husband got off of work, meaning there was about half an hour once a week where he went to a good friends house. I knew that he was in good hands and that my husband could take care ofh im just as well as I could, but sometimes I felt terribly guilty for not being home.

I'd say its a normal feeling. But I think its also important to have some you time, whether its a shower while baby sleeps or going out w/friends.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:29 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• If it's wrong, then I'm really cuckoo. But it does feel great to go out by yourself. I did it only twice in five months and wish I had more occasions to do so. I felt a little guilty for feeling free and liberated but it is very good for you sanity, even if you have a wonderful non-fussy baby. Go out! Pamper yourself! You'll still be a super mom! ;)
    DavineandLiam

Answer by DavineandLiam at 2:52 PM on Apr. 22, 2009