Has anyone else tried Proactiv for acne?

I really want to try it but I don't want to spend the money if it doesn't work that well. I don't have TERRIBLE acne, but I have on any given day about 3-4 pimples and it really bothers me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• my brother has used it, and i have a few friends who have as well..

but they had real acne problems. proactiv cleared it up quite well.

i gotta tell you though, if you don't have an issue with horrible acne, it might be too strong for you..
    i used a little of my brother's a few times (on some pimples) before just to see how well it worked. but i never had a real problem with acne.. so it just gave me some dry spots.

i suggest finding other, cheaper pimple controllers. i generally use clearasil daily facial cleanser, and some light facial lotion.. depending on your skin type (i.e. dry, oily.. etc)
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 2:39 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• **i also use that "vanishing cream" type of thing from clearasil. you put a little on your pimples over night and it goes away pretty quickly.
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 2:41 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I never had horrible acne, but like you said my face was never really clear. I use proactive and love it!!! I got dry skin at first but it went away..now i use oil of olay mosturizerafter their mosturizer (especially in the winter). I can actually go with no foundatn now and not look red and broke out. I think it is worth the money. After awhile I changed my plan to delivery every 10 wks instead of 8,
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• it didn't work for me
    u shud get acne creme not pro-dont-work!
    lanlan

Answer by lanlan at 4:29 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• My son used it and it didnt work for him at all. All it did was irritate his skin more. He uses over -the- counter OXY brand products,the shave cream(specifically for men with acne) and face wash
    Anonymous

• I used it and it REALLY worked!! I had bad acne...painful acne. I'd been to the dermatologist and was even on steroids for awhile to try and clear it up. Nothing worked and I was hesitant to try Retin-A. So I got ProActive, and it completely cleared it up. I used it for months, but even after I stopped using it, my skin has remained clear. It was amazing. Would recommend it to anyone.
    GDare

Answer by GDare at 4:51 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I used it...dried my skin out and irritated bad..left it feeling red and burnt. Clearsil daily face wash works well.
    LovingLifeMom2

Answer by LovingLifeMom2 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Avon has a new line called Clearskin Professionals that is similar to Proactiv but much less expensive and my customers have said it actually works better. I use it myself and have seen great results with it. You can get it from my website www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping too!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 9:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I got acne after my first pregnancy and tried it. It actually made my acne worse, and I used it for two months so it wasn't like it was just a breakout getting worse before the stuff made it better. If you want to try something like it but cheaper you could try Acne Free. It's like $19 I think at Wal-Mart. To be honest, though, I found the Olay products without anything in them to actually treat acne is what has worked best for me.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:03 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I use Arbonne products because they don't contain mineral oil and a lot of other products that can clog your pores and irritate your skin.
    I have had skin issues for 25 years on and off and my skin has completely cleared up with their products. I am not even using their Acne line.
    Let me know if you would like to know more.
    Rebecca.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 10:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2009