breast pumps

anyone know a good online place to get a good pump?

Lacrisha

Asked by Lacrisha at 2:37 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What are you in the market for? If you're going to be pumping regularly (like pumping at work), then I'd recommend renting one from the hospital (generally $25-$30 per month) and you can keep them as long as you need them. Or, you can invest in a really good hospital quality pump (I have the Medela pump in style, my friend loves the Ameda purely yours). If you're just going to pump occasionally, I wouldn't pay the $280 for a pump in style or the monthly rate for the hospital one. I'd get a really nice manual pump that provides really good suction. I love the Avent Isis for that. And it's like $50.

If you're wanting to shop online for a pump, try going on Amazon.com because they have great prices and they have free super-saver shipping for a lot of their breast pumps.
    PenelopesMom

Answer by PenelopesMom at 2:44 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I had the Avent duo, a great pump, pricey but great! Got 1/2 off at target... when went to buy it full price... I love it. It does both boobs at the same time and you can manual pump if your in the car!!!
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 3:03 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I love the Pump in style by Medela. It came with a battery pack and you can get a car adapter for it too.
    If you are having problems breastfeeding you can have the dr write a prescription for one(actaully a lactatio onsultant) and it will come from a medical supply place(it's were Igot both of mine)
    I rented the first time and bought one the second time(insurance covered some of the cost) The pump in style is great I've been using it for 15 months exclusvely because my daughter never nursed well in the first month and it was easier for me to pump and give it to her in a bottle.
    paula405

Answer by paula405 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I have used the Avent Isis and it was alright for a manual. Probably one of the best manuals I have ever used. For the electric I use the Evenflo Comfort Select double electric pump. Both were relatively inexpensive and I used them effectively 3-6 times a day. No complaints!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:44 PM on Apr. 22, 2009