what is it, about a man, that causes them to kill themselves or their whole families because of financial burdens.

women do not do this sort of thing, do they?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Men are traditionally the primary breadwinner, and are EXPECTED to be the provider for the family--women are traditionally the nurturers. When a man loses his job, and is unable to provide for his family, he may take interpret it as emasculating and become depressed. That depression turns to despair, and in some cases murder-suicide.

I'm sure this won't be the last we hear of these kinds of situations.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:46 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• No they just kill their small children and claim insanity.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I know it's crazy. Are you talking about the case in NY? I still have to read it in the newspaper. He should of just killed himself if he was so miserable and spared his family. There were a lot of other cases like that. Sick. Sick. Sick.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 2:45 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

Very true. Actually women do commit less overall violent crime but when it comes to killing their children and spouses women kill as often as men do. Women can claim insanity and PPD but many kill their children when they are much older which shows that is not the case. When it comes to killing family women are like men.

To take the life of a loved one you have to have a killer instinct. The economy does not make someone kill the weak character of the person does. And again women are as likely to be weak in character and kill a child or spouse as a man. I think when it comes to crime in general women simply are a bit smarter and get away with a lot of stuff.
    Anonymous

• My husband is a paramedic. Yesterday, near his district a man shot his wife and three children and died to remove their heads with a saw before shooting himself. It was determined that his actions were due to Depression caused by his credit debt and his mortgage that he could not pay.
    Anonymous

• There have been more women than men with Munchausen Syndrome By Proxy to be honest with you (as someone else said).

When I was little, two of my friends were killed by their mother. Their mother and father divorced and she didn't want to share custody with them so she locked them in the house and burned it down. If she couldn't have them to herself, no one would have them at all. I believe she claimed insanity for it.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:50 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Me and my husband were just talking about this last night. He told me that there is NO WAY that he would ever think to do such a thing. He said that they could take away all his worldly goods and would never think to hurt his family.

I think that its just an easy way out for these guys. We poor-so we are used to it.
    Anonymous

• Lots of men feel like society looks at them as the heads of their houses and it's responsibility to provide for the family and when they fall short they sometimes can't handle the pressure. It's so sad that money will make a person feel like the only way out is thru death. I'd rather go on PA then to give up and take my life and steal the lives of my spouse and kids.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• They are babies and can't handle anything ....

Women just go all psycho on their kids and then claim some voice in their head said to do it.

Anonymous

• I cant imagine the reasoning in a man's head for him to think that killing his innocent children is going to change or solve anything at all. After all its not the children in huge debt or unable to py bills.....If he's in misery,kill himself only.
    Anonymous