for the ones who had c section and vaginal birth ; Wich one do you think is easier to recover ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Vaginal is easier to recover bc having a c-section takes longer and not to mention it is major surgery two more weeks added to you regular recovery.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Vaginal fo shizzle my nizzle
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I had both. Vaginal was easier for me.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 2:48 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Vaginal -- no brainer.

With a vaginal, you'll be up and walking around the same day ---can even go home if you want. You will be sore down there for a week or two, especially if you get stitches. With both, you'll have heavy bleeding for a couple of days followed by weeks of light bleeding.

Beyond that, there isn't any other 'recovering' to do from a vaginal birth. With a Csection, you're talking major surgery. You'll be hooked up to a catheter & IV for at least 24 hrs, will need help getting in & out of bed and sitting/standing for at least a week, car rides are hell, forget about standing up straight, etc.

All that being said, though --- based on my own personal birth experiences --- I'd rather have another Csection than vaginal birth any day.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• VAGINAL BIRTH IS SO MUCH EASIER I WENT HOME THE NEXT DAY AND OTHER THAN A LITTLE SORE I WAS GREAT I WOULD RATHER DO A VAGINAL THAN A C SECTION NE DAY
    sam0816

Answer by sam0816 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Vaginal! I had 2 vaginal births and then a c-section, although I had a very easy recovery as far a c-sections go, vaginal is definitely easier! It was harder to stand and move around after the c-section.
    jadeyes81383

Answer by jadeyes81383 at 6:58 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Vaginal BY FAR!!! I have had both and if I HAD a choice ,which I didn't, I rather have a vaginal birth any day of the week.
    munchkinaplenty

Answer by munchkinaplenty at 8:22 AM on Apr. 23, 2009