do you think you would know, if your husband was suicidal because of money?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think anyone who has ever had someone close to them commit suicide would say yes. It doesn't matter what the reason is - people do it every day, and those who are closest to them have no idea it's coming.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:45 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I would hope so... because if that were the case, and he went thru with it, I wouldn't get any life insurance... THAT would be a real pain! Just joking!
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:52 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Yes, I think I would know. Besides, my husband is not a coward.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:55 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Yes. We have monthly budget meetings. We've also had conversations on how we would survive if he lost is job and have about 5 back up plans.
    smalltowngal

Answer by smalltowngal at 2:58 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

My husband and family thought I was fine hours before I tried to take my own life. You may think I was a coward I was mentally ill and I finally snapped. My husband and I are very close and he loves me very much but he didn't know. Most people don't. My husband does not consider me a coward. I actually have survived two brutal rapes, molestations, beatings and neglect. A persons mind and body can only handle so much we all have a different threshold. I hope your husband never gets to that point you would push him over the edge with your poor attitude about this.
    Anonymous

• I would most definelty know. And i believe that my husband would never try to do something like that over money. He is not the type of person to get depressed or "bent out of shape" when money is low. We have more things going on in our life to be happy about than how much money we have or do not have. He has a very calm and relaxed attitude about things it really annoys me sometimes lol. But when ever we find ourselves in a "OMG what are we going to do"($$) situation, he always finds a way to work it out .
    Anonymous

• Yes I would know.

On the other hand does he know ho stressed I am about money.......probably not :(
    Anonymous

• My MIL committed suicide and no one saw it coming. Not even her husband of almost 25yrs. We believe it was because of money but she was definately ill when it came to her mental health. I might be stressed out most of the time but I just can fathom the thought of doing that to myself, my family or most importantly my child.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I think I would know. Besides, my husband is not a coward. My husband and family thought I was fine hours before I tried to take my own life. You may think I was a coward I was mentally ill and I finally snapped. My husband and I are very close and he loves me very much but he didn't know. Most people don't. My husband does not consider me a coward. I actually have survived two brutal rapes, molestations, beatings and neglect. A persons mind and body can only handle so much we all have a different threshold. I hope your husband never gets to that point you would push him over the edge with your poor attitude about this.

I'm truly sorry and, I feel for you...for I have been close to your shoes.  It's a chore to get out of bed everyday...I'm wondering when I'll just finally snap! these days it seems it would be easier on the "other" side.  And, YES..it's bcz of finances!

Anonymous

• Im just glad im single. :P And to NP- youre absolutely right. A VERY close friend to me and my exfiance committed suicide November of 2006. We never saw it coming. As far as we knew he was very happy, in a new marriage and expecting a child. Most people never see it coming unfortunately. :(
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 5:22 PM on Apr. 22, 2009