• In the Spotlight:

Just part of pregnancy or should I call the doc?

I am having a lot of dizziness and I am very short of breath. I got up to fix my son some lunch and thought I was going to pass out.. I dont recall this ever happening with my first pregnancy, so is this just a normal thing?

WaylensMommy

Asked by WaylensMommy at 2:55 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's probably normal, I get light headed and dizzy all the time and my OB told me it was fine. However, If you do black out/pass out...call the doc and let them know because you could hurt yourself without really know it AND passing out is never good! Good luck (:
    javila

Answer by javila at 2:57 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I feel like pooh! but thanks!!
    WaylensMommy

Answer by WaylensMommy at 3:08 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Probably normal but DO mention it to your OB next appt.
    Anonymous

• How far along are you? I get shortness of breath cause there is no room for my lungs to expand like they normally do and I do get dizzy when I move or get up to fast.
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 3:19 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• someone told me thats got to do with pre eclampsia. i would def. call the doc. just to be sure. you can never be to over concerned
    Itssambaybee

Answer by Itssambaybee at 3:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I think it's pretty normal. I get it more this pregnancy than with my other 2. I get short of breath just talking on the phone sometimes! DO mention it to your doctor next time or maybe just go in and get your blood pressure checked to make sure all is OK :o)
    TylersMama05

Answer by TylersMama05 at 3:49 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Yeah it may have something to do with your blood pressure. At least call your doctor and see if they think you need to come in...
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 4:24 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I am 31 weeks and my blood pressure has been pretty normal. I do get short of breath and dizzy just doing everyday things..like walking. I have only gained about 15 pounds with this pregnancy. But I am huge! I was on the heavier side (about 185) before I got pregnant but I never had shortness of breath or anything like that before.
    WaylensMommy

Answer by WaylensMommy at 5:35 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Call the doctor any time you have concerns even if you think or people tell you they are normal. They might think of something you wouldn't.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 6:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I had all the same prob. and they did not find out I had preclampsia until I was 34 weeks so U need to mention that to them it is a very big thing my Dr told me I was lucky I did not lose my baby or I did not die I don't or didn't read much about it and since my Dr. didn't figure out until I was34 weeks he might be wrong I was really mad because I kept telling them something was wrong with me but everytime I went to the Dr. I went in and out and they said no your fine. I finnally went to the Emergency room my hubby told me no but I told him I was in labor LOL so he took me and thats when he took me and they told me I had it and asked me how come I didn't know about it they told me I needed to have they or my baby out of me as soon as posible they put me in labor and after a few hours I had my daughter
    zarinamarie0

Answer by zarinamarie0 at 11:20 AM on Apr. 27, 2009