OK so I went to the Dr. today I am now 11weeks 1 day, i weight 100lbs. the Dr. said my main goal right now is to gain weight? what are some foods I can eat to make my weight stick?

b.t.w. I have never weighed over 110 my whole life so idk what to do.

mom2b111009

Asked by mom2b111009 at 2:57 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well just eat alot of good foods :-) sweet potato fries (better than reg.) ummmm, pasta's (wheat) just enjoy your food :-) stay healthy though so you can loose it after! Good Luck! I wish I had to gain lots of weight durring preg. I gain 30 pounds and ate really healthy (my son was only7.4 at birth!)!!! Good Luck!
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 3:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Try protein.......meats, beans, peanut butter, eggs, etc. Also try carbs and starches, pasta, potatoes............you're going for "hearty foods" those will stick.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• with my first i only weighed 100 pounds and they told me to drink a milk shake a day! i didnt have one every day but i gained 40 pounds with him. i just eat like i normally do, but i am a junk food junkie! lol
    momto2babyboys

Answer by momto2babyboys at 3:03 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• anything you want just make sure you keep the liquids going to but soon you will get some crazy cravings and you wont have to worry much cause it sticks with you after that
    jozalynnsmommy

Answer by jozalynnsmommy at 3:04 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Lots of starches, potatoes and pasta, whole milk because its got higher calories. Lots of diary, peanut butter... If you asked someone what not to eat if they were trying to lose wieght, throw it in the grocery cart!
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 3:04 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Well I know this isnt what you asked but I think that is crazy. I started at 108 lbs. & my Dr. never said anything about making sure I gained weight. I am now 39 weeks and have gained a healthy 22lbs. not TRYING to either. As long as your eating a balanced diet and good nutritous foods thats all you need to do. I started out worrying about my weight gain but my Dr. said not to. As long as your measurments of your uterus are measuring right then leave it at that. Not saying you dont need to gain weight but you will regaurdless of if your trying to or not. I hope I didnt offend you, I just dont want you to try to pack on the pounds and be miserable for nothing. Good Luck hun!
    Mrs.Hopeful

Answer by Mrs.Hopeful at 3:17 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Focus on all the comfort foods - carbs and protein . Dont get distracted and eat healthy balanced diet - keep away from junk food. Dont worry if you dont start to gain weight immediately - most women put most of their weight in late 2nd and 3rd trimester.
    polkamama

Answer by polkamama at 3:31 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• i dont think weight gain should be an issue as long as you eat healthy.My cousin only gained 18 lbs her whole pregnancy and her baby came out weighing 8lbs 7ozs!
    Anonymous

• That would be tough since you've never weighed over 110 but remember the weight that you gain is going to be for your baby and you will lose a lot of it right away afterwards. Two weeks after my son was born I weighed 15 pounds less than I did before I got pregnant and it just kept going down from there!
    Don't ignore your cravings-a lot of times when you crave food that is your body telling you what you need or what you are deficent in.
    My doctor told me to aim towards a pound a week (I am eleven weeks two days along) and I've been doing good just always having a carb, a protein, a fruit and a vegetable on my plate and then eating snacks when I get hungry.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 6:34 PM on Apr. 22, 2009