Anyone else pissed about this $8000 first time homebuyers tax cut?

So, I'm PISSED about this first time homebuyers tax cut. I just bought my first home in December of 2007 and feel like I'm getting screwed out of $8000 b/c I didn't wait to buy a home. Shoot, if I knew I could have gotten $8000 if I waited a couple of months to a year later, I would have waited!

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 3:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Do you want some cheese with that WHINE!
    If you can't have it ... no one should.. OMG
    What is happening to people!
    Anonymous

• dec of 07-its been 2 years. Crap happens. Sorry.
    Anonymous

• You should be thankful that you have a house, and a job to pay the mortgage!
    Anonymous

• i was at first, but then i realized how stringent the loan process was and i figured if anyone still has good credit right now and a job and is brave enough to buy a house, they deserve the incentive. also, with it maybe helping bad neighborhoods it will work for all of us. they have to realize though they will only be able to write off the mortgage interest one year and after 2010 it will no longer be a tax deduction. so i figure i got so many more years of a tax deduction and they didn't.
    Anonymous

• abpeterson, don't let the a--holes here anger you, so you have a job and a nice house the hell with the haters. there's a reason they still live with momma or in a crappy apt.
    obama voters hate anyone who has done well for THEMSELVES. pissy pissy pissy
    Anonymous

• Oh, anon 307-your little mind is sooo sad. She bought the house she wanted with what she could afford and now she's crying.

Here's the tissues. Not very many people are able to get this bc they can't get a loan bc the banks aren't giving out any money.

So chill.
    Anonymous

• Hmmm, me thinks the 3 posts are all the same person. We bought our house in 2006 at the height of the market. I don't dwell on it though.
    smalltowngal

Answer by smalltowngal at 3:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• obama voters hate anyone who has done well for THEMSELVES. pissy pissy pissy

WHAT does that mean??????

I believe people should be thankful for what they do have! Stop the crying!
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 3:10 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I can't qualify simply because of poor reporting incompetent companies. I can't get a loan. I use to have decent credit even though I'm a single parent on disability. I may pay slow, but, I still pay.
    I've always paid my rent, car payments and utilities. None of that matters now.
    Anonymous

• Thank you anon 3:07!!! Actually, both my DH job and my job went out of business b/c of this bad economy. We are both struggling to pay the mortgage, so I'm just saying the extra $8000 would have been nice to help us out.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 3:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2009