how do u breastfed in public

how do u breast fed when ur out or do u just bottle fed outside ur home?

Lacrisha

Asked by Lacrisha at 3:28 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just feed your baby where ever you are and dont worry about what anyone thinks of you, your baby has to eat! Just get a nursing cover or shall and some nursing shirts and or tank tops and do your thing if your worried about modesty and such. I always hated pumping because it hurt me and took too much time and NONE of my kids would or will take a bottle so I ALWAYS nurse in public, its never bothered me, I just use a light cover up or wear nursing shirts, it never been an issue for me at all.
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 7:58 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Sometimes I use a bottle, sometimes I lift up the corner of my shirt and let her eat. Not much shows, and I try to be in more secluded area's when I do it.
    wulfbourne

Answer by wulfbourne at 3:29 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I'm too lazy to pump and bring a bottle.. too much work! I either wear two shirts so that I can lift the top one up and pull my breast out of the top of the undershirt for minimum exposure or I bring my hooters hider(nursing cover).
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 3:30 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I used a blanket to cover the baby.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:31 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• tops that have easy access for nurrsing as well as a blanket. i also try to find a quiet spot without a lot of people around.some place I can be comfortable and relax a little. i even used fitting rooms at some of the department stores.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 3:35 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I live in Houston Texas and it is HOT down here. So even if my daughter didn't hate the blanket or if I ever packed one in this heat, it's not an option. I usually wear stretchy tank tops cause of the weather anyway. I just pull the top of it right below the nipple for her. She covers most of my breast. Sometimes I use my hand. I used to nurse her in a sling a lot.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 3:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I find a quiet corner and use a blanket
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 3:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I usually use a sling to nurse. I like to wear a tank top or camisole under my t-shirt.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 3:45 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• With my first, I had a homemade "hooter hider" (google it -- it's a blanket with a strap around your neck and helps you still see baby's face) and wore a nursing tank under my shirt... but with baby #2 I just couldn't care anymore... I don't really cover up anymore. You realize after awhile that no one can see much anyway (baby's head covers you), and sometimes doing the whole blanket ordeal just ends up drawing more attention overall. My girls both nursed very frequently, so I definitely could just plan to be out between feedings... It also gets a lot easier with time. You're more used to nursing, both you and baby are better at it... You can always practice in front of a mirror, just to convince yourself of just how little people can actually see.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:50 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I just breastfeed. The only time you see anything is the initial latch on/off and even then I kept that covered by my shirt. I never used a blanket or anything. I just didn't care.
    lizzeh

Answer by lizzeh at 3:52 PM on Apr. 22, 2009