how to potty train a puppy?

I have always gotten older dogs! Now we are getting a puppy next month! HELP!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Pets

• walks lots of walks...ive had alot of dogs.i have a shepherd now.your lucky its almost summer.you just have to keep taking them out...
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I took ours out every hour on the hour. Eventually, he just started going to the door.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• getting a puppy this time of year tos always the best..its so much harder to do it when its rainy or snowy..just make sure youre takin the puppy out after every nap, feeding, play-time, at least once an hour, until they get the hang of it..have fun!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I've answered this question before and it is long so I am going to just give you a link with my answer on it to someone else.

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/154625/Puppies

I recommend taking your new pup to a puppy obedience class. They are great for training you on how to train the new pup and can give you good advice on how to do other things, like how to clip their toenails, feeding, etc.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:51 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• if you happen to catch the dog going potty in the house, immediately grab the dog and put him outside in the grass, never rub their nose in it b/c that will make them think that pottying is wrong. and if you find potty and didn't see the dog do it you can't do anything b/c the dog doesnt remember that he pottyed there.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:33 PM on May. 6, 2009