I think my due date is WRONG!

I just found out I was expecting baby number 4 (and final) in February. I had a period all the way up until January and then nothing in February so we knew something was wrong. My husband and I had several "accidents" concerning birth control in late July / August of last year. I think my due date is towards the end of April or beginning of May but my OB said I am due May 30th. Can someone tell me if an ultrasound machine can give the correct date? My last child was induced 3 weeks early and the doc said he decided to induce because I was not gaining weight. He said per the ultrasound machine the baby MIGHT be 5 lbs. When he was born he was 6lbs 6 ozs. I have since moved OB's and I am trying to tell this doc I think the date is off but she won't listen. I need help and advise. Anyone???????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would say that if the U/S was performed in the first trimester (no later than 12 week) that it is accurate and may be used to determinate the EDD.
    Scans from 2nd and 3rd trimester are usually not use to determinate your due date unless the difference is really significant (like 2 weeks or so).

polkamama

Answer by polkamama at 3:34 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• They usually do measurements on the machine. Fact is, the baby will come when its ready.
    Anonymous

• an ultrasound machine is the best for giving you a due date due to how they measure the babys bones and all. They can give you a round about too on how much your baby may weigh but not an exact weight. They told me at 39 weeks that my daughter wieghed almost 6lbs. I had her 3 days later and she came out 7lbs 9ozs.
    Anonymous

• Why worry? If the baby comes earlier the baby comes earlier. It isn't going to hurt the baby. Besides if you are right later ultrasounds will show the baby measuring big and the OB may adjust your due date then.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 3:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• From what I understand, the ultrasound are pretty on point when it comes to determining the due date if it was before 12 weeks. AT my 20 week ultrasound recently, I asked the sonographer if my due date was still the same and he said at this point, they wouldn't change it even if it was different because the best predictions are when they get the measurements early on. The U/S were right on point with my due dates with my first 2 kids.
    TylersMama05

Answer by TylersMama05 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 22, 2009