Is this normal (menstrual question)

So (sorry if tmi) I bled for 6 weeks after I had my son in October and I haven't had a normal period since. Is that normal? My OB/GYN's nurse didn't seem too concerned about it because I am breastfeeding ..? It just doesn't seem right.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Perfectly normal. I didn't get my back for 8 months when I was Bf.
    Anonymous

• I have had about 3 since my son was born and he is 16 months. Only recently started getting them though - very light no pain..I think its awesome :)
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 3:55 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I didn't get mine back until 17 months after my daughter was born (I was breastfeeding until 18 months). My midwife was not concerned about it. It's one of the lovely side effects of nursing. Enjoy it for as long as it lasts!
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 3:59 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• normal.
    environmentalpa

Answer by environmentalpa at 5:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I am in the exact situation, had baby in October, bled 6 weeks or son, EBF and still no period and its normal, im thinking it may be a few more months before I get a period back, and that is FINE by me, I havent missed it at all :)
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 7:56 AM on Apr. 23, 2009