how soon can u travel with ur baby

im suppose to go to chicago in july my baby will only be 3 1/2 months old is that to soon to travel that far (i live in utah)? and what about going to montana when the baby is about 2 months old? chicago is work related and montana is for my sister

Lacrisha

Asked by Lacrisha at 3:34 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Travel

• The earliest I have flown was 3 weeks and she did so well. My other two were the handfuls and they were 1 and 2. We flew from Wa to Fl, I think that it is a personal decision. Some people think that it might be to early to expose them to all the germs. Some people do not even leave the house for the first month. That is not me. The first couple weeks is usually getting in the groove for breastfeeding and then after that I am comfortable with travelling. Good luck on making a decision. I really think you are good to go.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:52 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I flew from Wa to Pa with my son when he was 5 weeks old. Just give him something to suck on during take off and landing
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 3:36 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• It may actually be easier travelling with a baby at that age than when they get a little older; the baby will still sleep a lot and won't be trying to escape yet. Good luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• The earliest we flew was 6 weeks and we took the kids to the Dr's beforehand for ear checks just to make sure. Take Tylenol and gas drops with you.

Our son was the same age as yours when we travelled to Indiana from Los Angeles.

Have fun, this is the easiest time to fly with them
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 22, 2009