Interview mishap, did i just cost myself the job

I had an interview today and it went really well until the end when i said soemthing that now i think i shouldn't have. We were at the end, and they were telling me that they were hoping to make a decision by friday. Any i said something like Oh that good, and now i wasn't sure if i should keep an interivew that i have friday with another comapny. I said that i wasn't reallty wanting to drive as fas as they were but they also had good benefits. I said so maybe i will kno something before the interview. They didn't frown or anything but after i left i thought to myself how the hell did you think that was relevant? They are going to think you may not be interested in them now. Or that you are just going to cancel on another employer. How bad did i screw things up? Other than that the interview went really well.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• That doesn't sound too bad to me. It sounds like you ae hoping to get this job, but if you don't you will keep looking; to me that means you really want a job. Good luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• If the rest of the interview went well, you don't have anything to worry about.

It is important for your potential employer to know that they are not the only one you are interested in - if they really want you as an employee they will see the other place as competition, and that is a good thing.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:44 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I think it is fine...definately not something that would cost you the job. No worries!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:18 PM on Apr. 22, 2009