I'm three months pregnant and cant go number 2...I have the urge to go but I just cant. What can I take to help me go?

Its been about three days and I havent been able to go number 2 and I cant take it anymore, I used to be abke to go right after I would eat a meal but now it just hurts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Health

• whatever you do, do not strain while trying to go, especially being pregnant. i recommend buying a stool softener like docusate sodium at your drugstore. it is safe to take while pregnant. of course, i would also suggest calling your ob, who may have some other safe ideas.
    rachelsmommy78

Answer by rachelsmommy78 at 3:51 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• You can try gas x. Otherwise eat foods with lots of fiber (bran muffins, etc)
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 4:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Ask your doc if over the counter herbal senna laxative would hurt you? it has stool softener and laxative and is gentle.
    Anonymous

• I would just insert a glycerin suppository that you can buy over-the-counter to help you go now without causing you to exert pressure.
    Speak with your OB about the types of foods to eat that will make you more regular and be sure to drink a LOT of water every day.
    If you still find that you are having a difficult time with a natural diet, ask your OB for an OTC or prescriptive suggestion that is safe for you and baby.
    Take care!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:31 PM on Apr. 22, 2009