Are there any TV shows that you watch but have to hide from DH?

I LOVE watching the young and the restless. DH says that only dumb idiots watch soaps; he will get furious if I am caught watching it.

I have to record it on the DVR (in the bedroom) and watch it when he is gone.

Anyone else have to hide a tv show from the SO?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband gets in a horrible mood when I watch WWE. As soon as Randy Orton appears my husband gets mad. Omg, it's just a show and not like I have a snowballs chance in hell of ever meeting him.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 4:31 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Wow, no. Mine might tease me, and not want to watch sometime WITH me, but he wouldn't get MAD at me for watching anything.
    Anonymous

• That's kinda sad that you can't watch what you want bc your husband will get MAD! This is 2009... you can watch whatever you choose!!!
    Osstie

Answer by Osstie at 3:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I agree with the other posters, that's really sad. My husband thinks a couple of the things I watch are lame and just doesn't watch them with me but he thinks the show is stupid, not that I am stupid for watch it. He has shows that I think are boring too but we just do something else if the other person is watching one of these shows. That's a little ridiculous that he would behave that way or make you feel bad about something you like.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:59 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• nope.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 4:05 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Nope, my hubby knows what I watch and will even watch the baby shows with me sometimes.

Anonymous

• wait he would really get MAD like yelling? i mean its one thing to be like 'omg i cant believe you are watching this shit' but to get MAD.... isssssuessssss. :>
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:13 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• nope... it's just TV. No reason to get mad. Your hubby definately needs to get a grip.
    Rachael

Answer by Rachael at 4:18 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• OP here - it is just so much easier to hide the fact that I am watching it than to listen to his ranting and raving and screaming over it.
    Anonymous

• Sorry but he sounds like a real jerk. Have you asked him why he seems to act like such a butt when you watch something. Explain to him that just because something doesn't interest him doesn't mean it's not worth watching. Talk to him about it. I believe in the direct approch and not playing games with people. But if telling him how you feel doesn't work, start doing the same thing to him about some show he watches that you don't like. Give him a taste of his own medicine.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 4:22 PM on Apr. 22, 2009