boo boo (paci)?

my son was completely off the paci for a whole week and then out of no where he walks out of his room with one in his mouth.... well he got really sick and would not go to sleep without it and now he is 2 and I want it gone but he throws a complete fit if he doesn't have it for naps and bed. he doesn't use it at all during the day but bed time his just screams and whines boo boo booboo! help!

rayraysmom

Asked by rayraysmom at 3:52 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just take them all away, toss them out. It's hard at first, but after a couple days he'll forget about it.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 4:06 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I've heard that if u cut pieces off gradually then they won't want it anymore. I also had a cousin who nailed his dd to the wall at the verry bottom. She quite sucking on it after a while.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 4:33 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Take a needle and pierce it so that it is not so much fun for him.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• We haven't tackled the get rid of the paci problem yet, but a friend of mine told me what she did, and I plan on doing it when the time comes. She said that for a couple of months, everytime they would find, or when they would take away, a paci they would make a big deal about saying bye to it and putting it in a big manilla envelope. When all the paci's were put into the envelope, they addressed it and "sent" it to Santa so he could give them to kids that really needed paci's. Her daughter never asked for a paci again.
    atardino

Answer by atardino at 5:13 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• peirce it with a needle that way while he sucks he will suck the air out of it and then he wont want it. Or take them all while he is standing their and throw them away. Or plant a passy tree. Take all the 'boo boos" as he calls them and plant them outside. Or put them all in a bag ans day that you are giving them to babys who need boo boos. Good luck
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 5:13 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I'm reading all your answers lol because my daughter is 2 1/2 and still sucking that thing!! AHH!
    TiffysBabies

Answer by TiffysBabies at 5:17 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Give him a substitute, like a teddybear or something. Explain to him that this is instead of the paci. Let him pick one out. It might still be hard those first nights, but when he asks for the paci, just tell him, that he has the teddybear, or whatever it might be, now, and that the pacis are gone.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 6:13 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• wow, someone else that calls it that. I'm shocked, lol. I thought I was the only one that called a pacifier a boo (or a boo boo). lol. Anyways, I was a baby that had a pacifier problem. I had mine until I was 4. So, I've since learned a few tricks, so when my DD is ready to get rid of hers, I won't have the same problems my mom had with me. Here are somethings I've seen work on kids so far:
    my friends son had them until he was 2-2 1/2 years old. One day his mom told him big boys don't use pacifiers. So he through them all in the garbage because he wanted to be a "big boy". An hour later he was a little upset, but by the next day he was completely over it. My mom, little by little through mine out, until I was out of them. And what I have done to keep her boo to a minimum.. 1-she only gets it for bed/nap when she asks for it. And never in between. (unless she sneaks one on me that she had stashed, lol). cont.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:41 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• now she only asks for it about 2 times a week.
    xxhazeldovexx