For those who think being gay is a sin.....

Since theres a lot of gay-centered questions today, I thought I would add something to it...

If being gay is a sin, and marriage is between a man and a woman....Then how do you feel about people who have sex changes?

There is nothing in the Bible about people who have a sex change (since it wasn't even around then) and since they will have the actual parts, and not just be living as the opposite sex, that makes them in the eyes of the law THAT sex. And there are some passages about not 'desecrating' yourself, but what would be desecration? Some think tattos, some think peircings, some think any kind of plastic surgery....

So techinically speaking if someone who is gay, decided to become the opposite sex...

Then, would that free them from their sin?

Just a thought provoker...IMO people should be allowed to marry who they want*.

*Obvious exceptions for children and animals...

ozarkgirl3

Asked by ozarkgirl3 at 3:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• First of all XX &XY are NOT the only options:

http://www.medicinenet.com/klinefelter_syndrome/article.htm

In addition, there may be other things (aside from XXY) that effect how a person identifies in terms of gender (I'm not aware of all of the scientific findings) not to mention hormonal differences & such.

Obviously, I'm for Transgendered & Transexual rights :)

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 8:50 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Obvious exceptions for children and animals...

I like that you added animals...they do have rights lol!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:55 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• omg when prop 8 was going on some ignorant woman said 'i love my dog but i wouldnt want to marry him' i was like 'you dumb betch, 1st off youre comparing gay people to animals and 2nd animals dont have human rights they cant make up their own minds'

ugh.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:08 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I feel that if God wanted us to change our sex he would have given us the option. "so what do you what to be? male or female, choose wisely..... I dont think that we should be playing God with something like this. God knew us before we were born, and he formed us the way we are for a reason. Sorry i am against sex changes....
    Anonymous

• When reading the Bible, it is important to remember when it was written. You're not taking it 100% literally. You're applying the PRINCIPLES to the 21st century way of life. For example, when Paul tells the people of one area "women are to cover their heads" does that mean we are to cover our heads now? No. The purpose of covering your hair back then is to eliminate a distraction during church. We can take that principle and liken it to our lives today and cover our cleavages during church.

In the same way, just because something didn't exist in the 1st century and wasn't explicitly mentioned in the Bible, doesn't mean that you couldn't use the Bible to find principles as to whether or not God would find that particular action sinful or not.

Someone anti-homosexuality could easily argue that your proposition is still a sin. (cont.)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:11 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• IMO people can never change their sex. They are born the sex they are regardless. They may be able to change their appearance on the outside but inside they are still a man, and or woman. So who's fooling who?
    They are only fooling themselves.
    God bless and have mercy on their souls.
    Of course i do not judge them they are just victims of satan.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 4:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• (cont.) Many would argue that it would be sinful to change yourself from the gender God gave you. Many would also argue that someone who was born a man but lives as a woman is STILL a man. It is just a man that had surgery to LOOK different. Being with other men would still make him gay.

Arguements on either side are both logical in their own right. I'm not too keen on saying where I am on either side of the arguement personally because I'd probably have to be here all day defending myself on one end or the other and dinner needs to be made soon lol.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:13 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

They are only fooling themselves.

That is the whole point of a sex change. They do not feel on the inside that they are a man or woman. They feel that they are living in the wrong body, thats why they make the change. To be comfortable in their own skin. God made us the way we are, but he also gave us feelings and the ability to make our own decision.
    Anonymous

• I think we need to focus more on the person on the inside and not the outwardly appearance. IMO a person who gets a sex change does so because their inner person does not match their anatomy. I don't feel being gay or having a sex change is a sin. I think that God loves all of his children. And appearance changes really are superficial. As well as sexual orientation. I think God looks more at the person you are then the superficial choices you've made. Maybe I'm a little more open minded then most. I choose not to judge.
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• ITA with mo2a27
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2009