WEEDS IN MY GRASS

HAS ANYONE EVERY USED A WEED KILLER THAT ACTUALLY WORKS?? ???I HAVE THESE LARGE LEAFY WITH A STEM I HAVE USED ALL KINDS FOR FOUR YEARS NO MATER HOW MUCH OR WHAT KIND SOME EVEN BARELY KILL THE GRASS. I EVEN HOPED THE GRASS SEEDS WOULD TAKE OVER NO LUCK

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Home & Garden

• If you have a large yard and are close to a co-op or farmer's supply try some 2-4-D. It's about 40bucks a gallon but it will cover almost 10 acres when diluted with water, or you could just save it for use over the next year or two. Get a sprayer and mix it to the directions and spray your lawn. It will kill only the weeds in about 4 hours. It's way cheaper than anything else and it works!
    If you have a small yard and want a pelleted controller to put in a spreader Scott's is the best but I think is wicked expensive and has to be reapplied every 2 months.
    Anonymous

• I think my husband successfully uses a Scott's weed killer that attaches to the water hose. They will keep coming back because they are being blown in by neighboring yards. It will never be a once and for all type of deal.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I use WEED-B-GONE,the concentrated,that I add to a little bottle that hooks to the hose and you spray it on. You have to make sure you do it when the sun is shining and its warm for it to be effective. I usually have to do it twice in the span of a week in order to get all the weeds good. If it rains that day,its a waste.
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 4:11 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Well I have not tried the kind that goes with the hose so I hope it works Thanks!
    Anonymous

• I use Scotts Weed and Feed. It works pretty well!
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 4:57 PM on Apr. 22, 2009