How do I get my 3 year old out of diapers and on the potty?

I have been trying to potty train my daughter sence she was 18 months old when I found out I pregnet with my secound daughter. My oldest is now 3 and she still won't go to the potty it is a fight to get her there most of the time. My 10 month old goes to the potty better and easier than she dose. I done rewards, stickers, candy, made up songs, spanked her nothing works what do I do. I want her out of diapers now so i can get her ready to go to pre K next year. WHAT DO I DO?

annamiller06

Asked by annamiller06 at 4:10 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Check out this mom's answer to potty training http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1182517/3_Day_Potty_Training . Good luck, I hope that helps!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 4:13 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Take off the diaper. Leave her diaperless during the day. Take her to the potty every few hours. Let her run around with shorts or something so that she will know how it feels to be wet. I feel your pain though because i am going through the same thing with my son. GOod luck.
    tish0607

Answer by tish0607 at 4:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Sometimes all you can do is wait and keep encouraging. My oldest was almost three before he started using the potty. I was beginning to get worried. Then, one day I walked by the bathroom, and there he was, using the potty! He quit the diapers that day and never went back. Just be patient and encourage your daughter. She'll get it when she's ready.
    Philyra

Answer by Philyra at 4:19 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• What do i do when she pees in the floor?
    annamiller06

Answer by annamiller06 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Thats the messy and unfortunate part about it LOL. But you just have to keep telling her that when she feels like going, to tell you, so that you can take her to the potty. Thats what i do.
    tish0607

Answer by tish0607 at 4:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2009