Accounts receivable clerks

Do you have any problem customers that don't want to pay there bills? What are some of your tactics to getting them to pay. I mean you can't be rude to them or you will be the one getting introuble from your employer. But you need them to pay their bill.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• I think persistance is best if you can even get ahold of them. Just keep calling and mailing and put them on the spot, like can we set up a wire transfer today? If you don't care about them as a customer anymore you may have to file collection charges. We don't have to deal with this much...sometimes just a slow pay but we know most of our customers personally.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I have two right now. If you want you can use a recovery company ( bill collector) and it will go on their credit report after so long. I'm gonna give mine another month or two and drop them as customers. I have given them every opportunity to pay but I'm not going to turn in into collections since they both are only twenty buck's but twenty bucks is a lot when you have kids.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 4:19 PM on Apr. 22, 2009