grass cutting

I hate cutting my grass and I have to work a little extra in the summer to make up for paying someone to cut my grass. How many ladies on here push mow their own lawn? I want to give you a round of applause cause I can't do it week after week!

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 4:23 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was going to, but then the landlord hired someone to do it because he didn't think that we would keep up on it. Whatever, it saves me the time! But was actually looking forward to being able to do it, cause it can be a good workout.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• The one with the actual motor or just a push reel mower you know the one with just the blades.
    I have both the one without the motor is extra work and you get a very good workout too.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I live in an apartment so no cutting grass here! Even if I had a house though, I would probably make my husband do it.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• MY HUSBAND USED TO OWN A LANDSCAPING BUSINESS AND I HELPED HIM FOR 3 MONTHS, IT'S VERY TIRING BUT NOW I KNOW HOW TO CUT GRASS AND SOME OTHER STUFF.
    COOKY81

Answer by COOKY81 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Our yards are xeriscaped so no grass. I do love the smell of freshly cut grass, though.
    Anonymous

• I've done it for the last year. It needs done so I do it. I can not fathom paying someone to mow the yard for them unless they are physically unable to do it. I think that is a huge waste of money
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 4:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I LOVE IT. Its fun, a great exersize and I love the smell of grass. In fact I mowed an acre today!
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 4:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• My husband would pout if I mowed the yard. He loves to mow the yard.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 4:56 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• LOVE IT. Its fun, a great exersize and I love the smell of grass. In fact I mowed an acre today!

Istrickland- did you have to push mow? I could do it if I had a rider lol. I love being outside. I hate the 2 hrs it takes with my dd bugging me!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:04 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Blessedly, I have a husband and 2 older teen daughters who mow the lawn for me. My 20 y/o daughter and I cannot breathe in the high humidity we get so mowing is not for us.

I do have a friend living in the same state (VA) but in the southwestern part of it. She mows on a weekly basis for her own property and her mama's property - this live right next door to each other. She is the youngest of 8 kids, but the only one willing to help her mama. I think she said it's something like 3 acres and a large hill that she does with a hand lawn mower. Bless her sweet heart. I wish I had money to hire someone to do it for her.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:13 PM on Apr. 22, 2009