VBAC Moms... can getting pregnant to soon increase chances of a repeat c-section?

My son just turned one and I am waning to start trying for number two within the next 5 months. I'm wanting to try a VBAC. I have heard that if you get pregnant to soon, your body doesnt heal and it inceases your chances of a repeat c-section. Is this true? And what amount of time should I wait in between kids to have a good shot at a successful VBAC?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My OB Doctor gave me the OK to make the switch to a Nurse-Midwife to try for a VBAC. My due date is exactly 18 months after giving birth via c-section. So, my kids may be 17 to 17.5 months apart. I've done lots of research and mostly says if you're at least 18 months from birth to the next birth, should be safe. and I have the right people surrounding me. I have faith I will succeed. I will let you know how it goes. But, everyone is different, so you never know how it's really going to go. It all depends. But, I'm planning this will be a whole different situation for me...labor, delivery, etc... you can add me as a friend if you'd like. good luck to you too!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• According to my dr. getting preggers and trying a VBAC within 2 years of the last c-section is very dangerous and can cause uterine rupture. You would also wanna check with your OB, mine will NOT do a VBAC no matter what, he says the risks are way to high.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 4:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Yes-think about it. You had your muscles cut open....it takes time to heal and get that strength back
    Anonymous