Vitilago

Since Thanksgiving 2008 I've notice white spots on my arms and legs it doesnt itch and is not bumpy. I havent gone to the doctor because i dont have insurance and am currently unemployed so i wanted to know does anyone know what i can do to prevent this from spreading or does anyone think that it could something else. thanks for your help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Health

• Be sure to Google this and do some reading up on it.

I have 2 out of 3 children with it for no reason and it doesn't bother them at all. Their spots are on their abdomen and can only be seen in the summer when they wear their swimsuits. The youngest of the 2 to have them has noticed that they are actually "fading" away and beginning to look like her normal skin color, but the older of the 2 still has hers.

You can't get rid of them, but you do need to protect those exposed areas more carefully out in the sun, due to the lack of pigmentation.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:28 PM on Apr. 22, 2009