My daughter is going to be a butterfly in her school play. I am in charge of making the costume.

Any good ideas or websites on making a costume. I can sew a little and have a machine.

nicleblanc

Asked by nicleblanc at 4:30 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You can go online and order wings if they become too hard to make. I enjoy sewing and make my son's costumes. It can be frustrating working with light weight fabrics that snag easily. If you are going to make the wings with sheer fabric then sew them onto newspaper and once your done sewing then rip the newspaper off the back.

Look up patterns on McCalls or google girl's butterlfy costumes. You may find a pattern you can work with or get ideas for using what you have at the house.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 4:36 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I love butterflies!

Family fun is a great site to go to when you need costumes, recipes, etc.  Here's a butterfly:

http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=11845

Anonymous