Could this be early labor?

I have been having a lot of cramping and some contractions today. I went in for my dr appt on monday and i am 4 cm dilated, not effaced, and have lost my mucous plug. I have been trying to stop preterm labor for 3 weeks now and have just stopped the medications. My question is...am i going into labor? I had another "loose stool" just now and am still feeling cramping. Sorry if this is TMI but I just want advice. Thanks for your help!

MT_MOM

Asked by MT_MOM at 4:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• try and time your contractions if they are consistent then it very well could be labor..
    FL_Mommy_2

Answer by FL_Mommy_2 at 4:49 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I am not sure if that is the early labour itself but for sure loosing your mucous plug and being dilated are signs of forthcoming labour. I would say you are pretty close there. If you have been on medication against preterm labour then it is highly possible that you are going to have your baby soon. Do not stress - if you doc took you off them it means that your baby is safe being delivered now.
    Try to rest as much as you can and stay off your feet. Good luck to you and your little baby!
    polkamama

Answer by polkamama at 4:50 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• How far along are ur contractions?? like every 10min, then a few hrs later every 5-6min?
    Anonymous

• Start timing your contractions, see how far apart they are and if they follow a pattern
    Anonymous