My kid got beat up on the way home from school.

There is a kid that lives near by who beat my kid with a stick. Held her down by her backpack and literally beat on her back, neck and head. We have found out which kid it was and I have talked to the mother. The kid has a lot of acting out issues. My kid was hurt a couple of months ago. Today, my oldest dd comes home today saying that there is another kid who is twice the size of the one that is doing the hitting. Apparently she hit him, kicked him and spit in his face! My kids came to the victims' rescue and got her away from him. I called the mom and let her know what her dd did to this boy. He is still very upset this girl did this to him. What else should I do about this little terror? Her mom is lost as to what to do! The girl is 6 yrs old!! My dd is 8 that she hit. The boy from today is 11!!

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 4:45 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I don't know how much the school can do when it doesn't happen on campus, but I would consider calling the police. I realize the child seems to have some serious issues, and she is young, and you probably feel like that is extreme, but the child needs help. You've talked to the mom, and from what you say she either doesn't care to get the child help or doesn't know what to do to get her help. The police can advise the mom, and can help get the child help, or take her out of the home if that ends up being necessary. Your kids should not have to tolerate being beat up by this kid. And if she can beat up a kid that much bigger than her, she desperately needs help.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:20 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• You need to contact the school to let me know about the situation. Have you considered notifying the police?
    Anonymous

• I would notify the School and the police too, this is infuriating. Your kids are not there to be terroized. I hurt for you, it must be so painful to see your kids in this situation. Hang in there I wish you the best.

JenNAY3

Answer by JenNAY3 at 4:51 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Teach you kid how to punch the little bully in her face. Maybe once she gets beat up one good time herself she will learn it's no so much fun.
    Anonymous

• If it didin't happen on the bus or on school property, there really isn't much the school can do. Believe it or not, calling the police would probably help.They can talk to her and see how that goes. Sometimes you have to do things you normally wouldn't.If the little girl or boy is getting away with what is going on they will keep doing it.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:53 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• i totaly agree with the anonomous answerer my parents taught us to NEVER fight but if we are getting picked on or someone touched us we were told to defend ourselves and thats exactly what your kids should do defend them selves of course teach them why and that they are not to start a fight but only defend themselves and yes you should teach em to fight!!! I know im going to teach my baby this when shes older dont let them be pushed around.
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 5:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• OMG! I would call the school as well. That way they can be on the look out for things happening at school too. Sometimes things can be happening but kids are afraid to come forward about them. The mother needs to get a handle on it too. How would she feel if this was happening to her child? Just because she doesn't know what to do doesn't mean she should ignore it at all. She should get her to talk to a professional or something. Her behavior has to stop. Good Luck Momma!
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 5:05 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• The school was called and so were the police. Because it happens off school property, there is nothing they will do. And the police can't do anything because the kid is 6 yrs old.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 22, 2009