How would you feel if your childs grandma did this??

In Febuary I had asked my mother to watch my daughter whom she does not see often on April 18th. I had reminded her a few times just to make sure it was still ok .It was to celebrate my birthday she was happy to watch her. On the 15th she called to let me know that her boyfriend and his 15 yr old daughter were coming in town to visit so they would be taking Hanna with them where ever they went. The night before she had called to ask if someone else could watch Hanna so she could be with her boyfriend. I said no because she had already said she could watch her and she is her grandma.On the 18th she came to pick Hanna up and then took her straight to a babysitters and picked her up at 9:30 that night without telling me. I called to check on Hanna around 9 and she told me she was fine and they were having fun. When I found out what had happend I called and told her she wont be able to watch Hanna anymore! Am I over reacting?

karliesmom0506

Asked by karliesmom0506 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• I would be livid! You made the right choice.
    Anonymous

• You are not overeacting! I would NEVER let that woman near my child again!
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 4:51 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• No, if she agreed to watch your daughter, she should have either done it or just completely backed out. You should be the one to pick who is watching your child. Your mom shouldn't take her to a sitter when she's responsible for her.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 4:52 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I would be so pissed....my mom would never do that ...don't ever let her watch her again!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:53 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• your not overreacting, I would be pretty pissed! :0
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 4:53 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• You have every right to be angry. You had no idea who had your daughter, anything could have happened. Your mom was way out of line.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• NO! I would be so $&#@! This sounds like something my MIL would do. You aren't overeacting. You have no idea who was watching her and what that person is like. What if something had happened? I wouldn't allow her to watch her again either!
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 5:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• OMG! That would have scared the heck out of me!!!! I don't blame you one bit for being ticked off.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• You did right. She made a commitment and renigged on that.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:03 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Yes you over reacted unless you know the babysitter is not a responsible sitter. You made her stay committed to watch the child so as a responsible adult honoring her committment to watch her she did a responsible thing by finding a sitter while she was unable to be with her. I would have gotten a sitter if my kids did that to me and I had a chance to be with my SO. Just bc we are old doesn't mean we have to give up our private lives for babysitting. She made the best of the situation and no harm was done. Next time, make sure you approve of her emergency sitters and there won't be a problem.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:25 PM on Apr. 22, 2009