when should u start to transition from formula to whole milk

nkezele86

Asked by nkezele86 at 4:51 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• at 1 year
    FL_Mommy_2

Answer by FL_Mommy_2 at 4:51 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I'm going to start at 11 months very slowly introducing it. We are leaving the country 2 days after her first birthday, so I don't want to travel with formula.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• We started last month when our son turn 12 months.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 4:58 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• We just made the switch when the pediatrician told us we could.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:32 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I would say when the child is around 1.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 5:59 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I was told to do so after his first birthday so their bodies can digest it without problems
    Joy1Roberts

Answer by Joy1Roberts at 6:06 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• [Bridget, this may not be my business, but I'd actually recommend you wait because traveling with formula is SO much easier than traveling with milk! They don't inspect your bags or ask any questions. You can fill bottles with the appropriate amount of powder and just ask for water on the plane. Powdered formula won't spoil on you!!]
    OP -- It's realy not recommended that you start any earlier than 12 months. And your child may not require a "transition" at all -- we made the switch cold turkey and it was as though she had been drinking whole milk all along. (Then again, she was used to going back and forth between expressed breastmilk and formula, but still.. I've heard this is the case for many babies)
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:31 PM on Apr. 22, 2009