How many days does your child do afterschool activities during the week?

I'm curious to see how many activities(sports, scouting, etc. - not playdates)most kids do afterschool, not weekends.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My son starts school in the fall but he will continue with karate then. He goes M,T,W each week.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 4:55 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• It varies depending on the season...In the winter we did swimteam and girl scouts. girl scouts is only 2 nights/month. Swim team is 3 nights/wk. She likes to go to church on wed. So some weeks we are busy monday thru thursday. When swim team ended we only have girl scouts. May is going to be crazy because t-ball and swim team are starting before schools gets out. t-ball is practice 1 night/wk. and swim 2 to 3 nights. We will skip practice if it falls on girl scout night. I will be ready for summer!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Right now just soccer 2 or 3 times a week depdeing on wheterh there is game or not. At one point it was gymnastics too but that was overload. I do plan on adding martial arts for both and dance for my daughter since she doesn't want to do soccer (why make my life easy). And in the summer we will do swimming.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 6:29 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• My 5 year old has soccer twice a week, one practice and one game.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 7:20 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• In the fall, we do football and volleyball, in the late fall, we do basketball (one child) then in the spring, we do 2 kids in baseball and 1 running track. The spring is the busiest time for us. Its usually 3-4 days a week to cover both practices and games and our teen has track every day after school. We are busy people.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:20 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• My 8yo just has girl scouts which is every other Tuesday right after school (the meetings are at the school).
    My 7yo son is supposed to be in track & field which meats T/Th for an hour but we've been sick every week since it started so he hasn't been going.
    My 6yo does girl scouts (same schedule).
    Come May the 7 and 6 year olds will be doing a fun with food class right after school on Fridays.
    Usually they have 2-3 days of activities which is like 2-3 1/2 hours a week.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:37 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• My oldest (9) does softball two days a week. One day after school is practice, one day game. In the winter she had basketball one night a week and bowling one day after school in the fall.
    My middle (7) plays softball about twice a week. That is one night practicing and one day - Saturday or Sunday in game. Winter was basketball and fall was bowling one day after school.
    My youngest is four, and we're letting her just enjoy being a kid for now.
    tikigoddess

Answer by tikigoddess at 3:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• We have multiple activities every day of the week.

I have never met anyone with a schedule as crazy as ours.
    YuppyMom

Answer by YuppyMom at 11:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2010