diapers

My dd is a big girl lol shes 10 mos and weighs about 20-22 lbs. size 3 diapers were snug on her so i tried sz 4 they were a little big but the weight on them says like 24 lbs??? should i keep her in size 3 or switch to size 4

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe try a dif brand of diapers. I think some brands are a little bigger/smaller than others.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 5:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• i have the same problem but am keeping him in 3 cuz he wet his cloths all the time cuz the diaper was to big after he wet it alittle.
    nkezele86

Answer by nkezele86 at 5:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Luvs is a great diaper to try. Not too expensive, but works like an expensive diaper. I LOVE Luvs.
    environmentalpa

Answer by environmentalpa at 5:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• i tried luvs and heard wonderful things about them but she pees right through them no matter what size! she also does it to pampers huggies are all she can use. so does anyone think huggies dont run true to size, in your experience do they run bigger or smaller
    Anonymous

• i think huggies fun smaller my son is 18.8 and in a size 3 in huggies but in pampers in in a 1-2
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 5:10 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• The weight limits are only a guide; my babies usually go up a size before they hit the bottom weight on the next size up, but that's because they get too tall (low rise diapers are not a good thing). You might try size 3 in a different brand that runs bigger or a size 4 in a brand that runs smaller. I have found that there are always a few weeks when my babies are really between sizes that nothing works that great. I like the premium diapers from Walgreen's, but you might ask for brand preferences from other moms with chubbier babies.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Big girl? I'm sorry, I have to laugh because my boys were that size at 6 months! lol

I wouldn't make a switch in sizes unless they are cutting in to her (uncomfortable) or she's leaking constantly. And, as mentioned, different brands run different. My 2 year old (34 inches and 29lbs) wears a size 5 in one brand but a 6 in another.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:34 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Switch your brands of diaper. My son is 12months and weighs 21 lbs and wears the size 4 in luvs and they are HUGE!! We just switched to huggies size four and they fit great. It's all about the brand!
    danyle02

Answer by danyle02 at 5:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• My son is 12 months and weights 25 or 26 lbs. He is in size 4 Pampers Cruisers and has been for several months now. We love them, but my first son could only wear Huggies. Something to do with the childs build or something. I have all these Huggies coupons I won't use if you like I can send you them. Let me know.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 5:45 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• My son is 20 pounds and is in a size 3 in huggies, but next time I buy a box I am going to get size 4 because they fit just fine. =] and I've never had him pee through one! =]
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 7:04 PM on Apr. 22, 2009