How To Keep Her OUT Of Our Bed?

My 3 year old still get up in the middle of the night and gets in bed with me and my husband. And she won't even sleep in her bed in her room she sleeps in a little fold out couch thing. What can I do to get and keep her in her bed (not the couch thing) and not end up in our bed every night?

annamiller06

Asked by annamiller06 at 4:58 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• let her pick out some sheets and maybe a little pillow to cuddle with. Tell her she has to stay in her bed though or she can't keep them.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 5:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I would just pick her up and put her in her bed over and over until she stays there.
    Anonymous

• We got her a whole bed set and she don't even sleep with it everynight she picks the blanket and pillow she wan't to sleep with and that is the only one she will have. And if we did the pick her up and put her back in bed over and over thing we would be up all night and no one would get any sleep when she gets up and gets in the bed with us we usually don't know it till the morning or we are both to tired to put her back in her own bed.
    annamiller06

Answer by annamiller06 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• maybe she is scared of the dark, im 20 and still scared of the dark lol (the thought of what could be in the shadows freaks me out, and for some reason im terrified of walking passed the bathroom at night) so maybe have her pick out a night light, but the only thing you can do is keep putting her back in her own bed
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 2:23 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• We put up a baby gate at the door of our kids rooms so they know at bedtime they have to be in their bed and sleep- I use the gate instead of shutting the door so I could still hear them. As for the couch just take it out of her room and not give her the option to sleep on it- it will be her bed. She may be mad for awhile so I would try thing say on a weekend when no one has to work or get up early and wait it out dont get up just cause your child is screaming- wait awhile- and it might also wear her out and she will go to sleep
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Apr. 24, 2009