When was the last time you rocked your baby to sleep?

My kiddo is 2 and he normally just goes and lays down and goes to sleep, but today he really wanted me to hold him, so I rocked him and held him and he eventually fell asleep, It was so sweet. It's probably been 8 months since the last time he wanted me to rock him.

Do your kids like to be rocked to sleep or are they independent?

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 5:06 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It's been yrs since I've been able to rock my babies to sleep. Though my dd was sick about 2 months ago, and she spent a lot of time snuggled up with me, her head in my lap, etc. I can't remember the last time I rocked my ds to sleep... Though in my defense, he's 16 and taller than I am, and my dd just turned 15, so...

Enjoy this time when they're small enough to rock to sleep while you can, it goes by faster than you know :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:28 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• The other day I held him until he fell asleep...sweet angel. Joseph is 1.
    environmentalpa

Answer by environmentalpa at 5:11 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I used to rock my dd to sleep every night, but now she prefers to just be laid down in her crib.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:15 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I have never rocked my kiddos to sleep. I have always put them to bed awake so if they wake up at night they can self sooth... but they would fall asleep on me sometimes when they were little...
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 5:51 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• My children are 20, 17, and 15 years old now and are independent on putting themselves to sleep. But my 2 1/2 month old granddaughter also lives with us and I get to rock her to sleep every day - I love it so very much!!!! ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:08 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I rocked my 10 month old to sleep this morning...just because...she could have fallen asleep in her crib, but I just felt like rocking her.

Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:03 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• But generally she doesn't really like being rocked to sleep
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:04 PM on Apr. 22, 2009