Do you feel spirited???

My opinion- Politics represent us as an individual and what we stand for and so when we feel that it is being attacked(we are being attacked) and we retaliate. I personally love to hear everyone's contrasting views because it gives a wider perspective of the situation that is being discussed. Of course, it causes fights and can piss you off , but do you appreciate the opinion afterwards?

What about you ladies? Does politics make you feel really... hmm... spirited??? If so, do you attack when "threatened" when it comes to it?

BriHan06

Asked by BriHan06 at 5:07 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• hmmm, define attack.

I think the subject of politics tends to get people heated because we have so little control over what happens. While it's true that we vote people into office, a good portion of the people being represented likely didn't vote for the winning candidate, so already almost half of the people don't feel represented. Add to that local and state politicians with the same situation and it's bound to be heated.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Spirited? I guess so, but I like to say that I'm always up for a good and decent debate. I don't like name calling, or insults, but different opinions? Thats what the world is made of.

Good thing we aren't all alike, or we'd be the same and plain and bored with the world. So I guess I do like a good "spirited debate." :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 5:46 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I love hearing the ideas of others except when name calling, insults and rudeness ensue. Unfortunately it's an all too frequent occurrence in P&CE. In real life nobody I know goes to the lengths some people here go to to try to get their point across. I never feel attacked. I don't go on the attack unless someone has been a total douche to me first.

I do like spirited debates!
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 5:53 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• yes
    And debate is FUN!
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 6:36 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I NEVER take someone's replies to my posts seriously--except from my friends!!! LOL I'm very passionate about politics, but even more so about my country, and it does fire me up to see the leader of the free world dismantling this country day after day, and liberals continuing to cheer him on!

I "attack" by posting links to the FACTS. Whether or not they are believed by stubborn libs is moot. I KNOW there are plenty of lurkers in this section, and THAT is who my information is directed towards. I can't change the mind of a lib anymore than they can change mine, but MAYBE I can get someone on the fence to think twice before they pull the lever for Obama again (or someone like him in 2012).
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:31 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Yes, I like a spirited debate and I like seeing all the different views and interpretations on one subject. But, I have learned to not just shut my computer off and come back tomorrow when someone personally attacks me. I learned to just come back at them but I try to do it with a bit of dignity and intellegience. I hate name calling and I try to not assume what another person is all about. People need to realize that we are all in this mess together and it will do no good to taunt and name call.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 7:52 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I ABOSUTULY HATE TALKING ABOUT POLITICS CAUSE OF PEOPLES STUPID RESPONSE TO REALITY. WHEN PEOPLE SAY STUPID STUFF CONCERING THIS TOPIC IT JUST ANGRES ME SO. LIKE WHEN PEOPLE START TO RIDUCULE A PRESIDENT WHEN HE HAS ONLY BEEN IN OFFICE FOR A FEW MONTHS. (THAT IS WITH ANY PRESIDENT). AND WHEN PEOPLE JUST SAY THINGS OUT OF THE BLUE THAT IS TOTALLY UNTRUE. I THINK THAT IF PEOPLE WANT TO TALK ABOUT POLITICS THEY SHOULD KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON BEFORE THEY ADDRESS THE TOPIC AND LOOK BAD.
    Anonymous

• taking the wait and see approach i see....let us know how that works out for ya.
    Anonymous

• i like a good debated talk. i dont "attack" others because when others do it to me i find them humorous. everyone has an opinion. i like sharing mine and like others to share theirs.
    LotusBlossom21

Answer by LotusBlossom21 at 11:58 PM on Apr. 22, 2009