My baby has moisture behind his left ear?

He is six weeks old and behind his ear is crusty yellow crap that becomes wet somehow and smells odd.

What in the world could this be?

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used to have it as a kid...it was a form of psoriasis. Have his dr take a look at it. He can tell you how to get rid of it. I used a shampoo on it, but I was not 6 weeks old, and I don't know what it would do to his skin.
    Anonymous

• My little guy had that exact thing around 3 months or so. We just washed extra good behing his ears regularly and it went away. If it doesn't clear up see your dr. Good luck.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 5:36 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• It is probably ear wax. I agree with MommaM2, just wash it extra good behind his ears and it should go away.
    danyle02

Answer by danyle02 at 5:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Maybe an infection? Go to the doctor.
    environmentalpa

Answer by environmentalpa at 6:17 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• sounds like a cyst. But I don't know if babies can actually get them. I would definitely talk to his doctor about it. It might be something simple, it may not be, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Also try using webmd.com to try to see if you can help get a better idea of what it could be.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:25 PM on Apr. 22, 2009