have you ever knowingly/unknowingly recieved stolen goods?

This guy on craigslist was selling some tools and stuff and my hubby went to look at them. He was selling them super cheap and hubby asked him why. He told hubby its cause he steals them and sells them on craigslist.

Needless to say, hubby didn't buy them cause he thought it was wrong. But I just wondered how many would buy something stolen and if you have ever done it only to find out later it was stolen if you didn't know when you bought it..........

Hope that makes sense.

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 5:10 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My brother bought a car off of there and has been waitting for the title well the guy changed his number and my brother went to the cop shop had them run ID numbers and it came out to be stolen from utah and it ended up in neb thank gosh my brother kept the info and they arrested the guy a day later and the people that had the car got a new one and gave my brother the car cause of the prblems it caused him
    Anonymous

• DUDE! I can't believe that guy was dumb enough to admit what he does! That's crazy! I don't blame your hubs for not taking them! But I totally would report the idiot! But no the only thing I have ever kept that I knew was stolen was my DD grabbed a ball one day ( she was just shy of 2) while we were in the toy store. I didn't realize it for about an hour. After we left the store and walked around for a bit, I saw it and was so embarrassed! I just threw it in my car and next time I went to donate to the salvation army I donated it! I tried to explain it to her that we don't take things that don't belong to us and check her stroller all the time now!
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• One night my sis got a text that said a semi truck had broken down at the travel center. It was hauling pork tenderloin and since it needed to be refridgerated (sp?), the driver was selling it by the box for like 5 bucks each. That caused a frenzy, half the town was there stocking up on pork, including my sis. We sent her with money to get some for us and she came back with HUGE boxes of pork! We later found out that the truck was stolen and that's why the guy was selling the meat for cheap! We felt guilty for eating it.
    Anonymous

• My mom just bought a dog off the G-list and we she got the dog from the airport the dog wasn't the sameone she bought and not just that it was deprived, bruded broken leg and now the state is after the person that sold my mom the dog and the worse part we all live in the same state
    Anonymous