Does anyone have any tips or tricks dealing with chinchilla's?

We have to get rid of my 4 cats when we move so DH is looking into getting me a chinchilla. I just want some info from people that have chinchilla's.

Avetay

Asked by Avetay at 2:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Pets

• I had chinchillas and I LOVED them! They are the sweetest animals when held alot. I had to get rid of my two chinnies because my poor kitty was allergic. Really you just want to keep them fed, watered, the cage clean and give them lots of love. Oh, and the dust baths a few times a week I think. They can get messy (the baths) so I would put the dust bath in a big tupperware bowl, take it outside and put the chinnie in & watch! My whole family loved watching them take baths, it is so cute! Good luck and I envy you, I miss chinnies!!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 6:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2008