Diaper Rash at 1 1/2 weeks old, how to cure it???

My baby girl got a diaper rash at 1 1/2 weeks old, now she is 15 days old and I can't get rid of it. I am breastfeeding her. I took her to the doctor and she says to keep doing what I am doing, but it's driving me crazy. I've used desitan (ms), vaseline and the yeast cream but nothing is helping. Any suggestions?

jer5341

Asked by jer5341 at 5:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A&D ointment is the best! I used it on all 4 kids. Get the ointment not the white pasty stuff.
    lynn63042

Answer by lynn63042 at 5:34 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• CORN STARCH FOR SURE WILL DO THE TRICK
    Mommy2aPRINC210

Answer by Mommy2aPRINC210 at 5:41 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• my sister just recently had her son on the 12th and she went out and bought a tin of bag balm cause everyone told her it works great its cheap and it will last forever and it does really work if U use it at the first sign of diaper rash if not then ur best bet is to get a cream
    Anonymous

Anonymous

• Don't use wipes on it, warm wash cloth instead. Let her butt air and try to leave diapers off some, just undone under her so he doesn't pee or poop on anything. Butt paste or tripe paste works great.
    Anonymous

• i had the same problem...and the doctor told me A&D ointment...it worked!
    Chanel5nyc

Answer by Chanel5nyc at 6:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Are you using plastic diapers? Disposables are notorious for being a lot harder on the skin than normal cotton diapers - make sure to use soakers as diaper covers and not plastic pants. Wool soakers don't cause a sealed environment and produce ammonia like the plastic of disposables or plastic pants. They also keep the baby's abdomen from getting chilled by the wet diaper.(At this age, the abdomen is a LARGE percentage of the baby's entire body, so letting it get chilled by a wet diaper or during an un-careful diaper change is hard on her whole system. Check out wool soakers.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 6:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My daughter had severly sensitive skin and my dr. had me use an old fashioned remedy, equal amounts of maalox and diaper rash cream of your choice (desitin creamy for me) stir and store in a sealed container. Now add this after every diaper change. I would wash the bottom with pampers sensitive wipes and blow dry the bottom and add this. After it was healed I only used Johnsons baby powder with cornstarch. I never had a problem and the bottom was healed the next day. She was so bad she was bleeding all over.
    sexymommy_3

Answer by sexymommy_3 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Corn starch works great. Use it like you would baby powder.
    christene

Answer by christene at 9:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• corn starch, air and cloth diapers
    shetibo

Answer by shetibo at 10:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2008