My sis is a cougar but need help with any ideas

My sister is a cougar and she is enjoying which i am happy that she is doing something different in her life but she is also sad that her older kids aren't talking to her or letting her see her grandchildern i am hoping you mommies can help me get ideas to get them to talk to there mom again cause she has another grandchild on the way in july.. and the younger man is my nephews friend which they don't talk to anymore too..?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• As a previous cougar I think that's a shame they treat her like that. She's just enjoying life. They should want her to be happy and enjoy this time of her life. My kids never gave me a problem over it. It will probably be short lived. At some point we figure out we have so little in common with youngsters on a personal basis that it just seems not worth the effort. I went out with one young man my grandson's age!!!!! I realized that was pushing it but he was a nice young man. It was fun for a while but I went back to older men. Just like little kids go through a phase growing up, sometimes we old gals do too. We put so much effort into making sure our kids grew up that we forgot ourselves or lost our youth or something. Whatever it was, we deserve just a bit of time to try to find it again. Tell them to cut her some slack. They are missing out and just hurting themselves & their kids. Don't judge others = a good motto 4 them

Answer by admckenzie at 5:20 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• OK I know I'm out of the social loop by asking this, but what do you mean that your sister is a cougar?
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 5:28 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• she's dating a younger man that is 22 and she is 49. but what is funny is that there mom helped them out of trouble all the time and when she wants to live her life a lil more then they turn there backs on her which she never did that to them when they were in jail for fights or when her DD had cancer
    Anonymous

• Thanks Anon. I've never heard the phrase before. But I don't really know what to say. It doesn't sound right that her kids are being stuck up about it. As long as the grand kids aren't meeting the flavor of the month, I don't see what the fuss is about.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 5:41 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• you welcome sweetie
    Anonymous

• No matter what she is still thier mother and they shouldn't treat her like that, if she wants live a certain way that's her business. That doesn't mean she doesn't deserve thier respect
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 6:58 PM on Apr. 22, 2009