Two Year Molars

I think my son might be cutting his 2 year molars because he has been VERY irritable, whiny and NOT eating the past 5 days. He will put food in his mouth and then spit it out!!

He was also running a slight fever for 2 days, so he might have had a viral hitting him too, but he won't eat anything put liquid yogurt and milk.

How long does it take for the 2 year molars to pop in? I have heard the 2 year molars hurt kids the most until they pop thru. Has anyone tried teething tablets? Do they work?

laura30261

Asked by laura30261 at 5:19 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We used teething tablets with both our boys and they worked. Also we just got an amber teething necklace that is supposed to help. You can look them up online. Good Luck Momma!
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 5:32 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I think it took a week total for the boys' two year molars to come in. But then...they were already peeking through when we noticed them, so maybe 2 weeks?

We had no clue they were coming in, but all their teeth were like that.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:36 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I am not sure about the molars, my almost 18 month son just pushed the normal molars through, still working on 1 more, but he's always been very affected by teething and he LOVES the teething tablets and seem to calm him pretty well.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2009