is your c-section scar supposed to hurt two yrs after the operation ?

my scar is very sensitive to the touch, has created quite a large keloid (no other
part of my body has ever scarred like this), is very itchy and sometimes i feel
spasms on the inside of my scar (weird and hard to explain). i cannot put pressure
on the site and i cannot feel my stomach growling anymore. i can hear the growling, but cannot feel it. is this normal ? i am going back to my ob/gyn to check, but need some support to make sure i am not labeled a "complainer".
thanks to anyone who can shed any light for me.

meemeelynn

Asked by meemeelynn at 5:23 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Health

• My scar does not really hurt, but I still don't have full feeling in the skin on my stomach; it's really strange because I can feel in some layers but not all the way through.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Cutting through all the layers of skin and adipose tissue to get to your uterus also means cutting through nerves, which is why you may lose feeling in some areas at or around your incision. It is perfectly normal.
    Pain at or around your incision site, even 2 years later, could very well mean that there is scar tissue built up within your abdomen and possibly attached to another organ. The pain you feel may be caused from the pulling of the scar tissue on that organ, or just the scar tissue itself if it is not attached to anything else. This is perfectly normal, as well.
    Best wishes at your appointment - you are NOT a complainer. ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:04 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Mine hurt for 4 years...
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 7:51 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Mine hurts and I figured it was from scar tissue. It hurts especially around my period time. Especially on one side of the incision.
    Ive always been told its normal.
    Im not fully numb on and around my incision but the feeling/sensation is funky(best way to describe it). Not really pin pokey like but kinda ticklish in a way.

Been through 3 of them but my last one, 15 mths ago, really did me in with the pulling/tearing/stinging sensations.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:11 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• You could have a lot of scar tissue built up. I had my c-section almost 13 yrs ago and still get intense itching. I just want to open the incision and scratch it and close the incision back up. I really don't get pain, but I do have a thick scar. If I get menstrual cramps, they are worse at the incision site.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:10 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• thanks for all your replies !
    what about the look of your scars ? mine looks like a speed bump. shouldn't it have flattened out by now ?
    sigh.......
    meemeelynn

Answer by meemeelynn at 11:54 PM on Apr. 25, 2009